PRE TEST is aimed at
1. Finding out someone's structure or grammar skill before studying the them.
2. Checking how far TOEFL Test Takers have mastered grammar.
3. Finding out someone's written skill before studying written skill
4. Checking how well TOEFL Test Takers have mastered written expression
PRE TEST consists of two parts:
1. Structure - 15 numbers (No 1 - 15)
2. Written expression - 25 Numbers (No 16 - 40)
Look at the following examples.
The president _________ the election by a landslide.
(B) he won
When _______ the conference?
(A) the doctor attended
(B) did the doctor attend
(C) the doctor will attend
(D) the doctor’s attendance
The sentence should read, “When did the doctor attend the conference?” Therefore, you should choose answer (B).
1. In the early 1 900s, Eastman _____ inexpensive Brownie box cameras.
(A) it developed
(B) it was developed
2. _____ the discovery of the fossilized remnants of tides in one-billion-year-old rocks.
(A) Geological reports
(B) Geologists report
(C) The reports of geologists
(D) Geologists’ reports
3. The Brooklyn Bridge _____ took thirteen years to complete.
(A) in New York
(B) is in New York
(C) it is in New York
(D) which New York
4. Genes control all of the physical _____ we inherit.
(A) that traits
(B) that are traits
(C) traits that
(D) traits are that
5. Indigo can be extracted from a plant, and then _____ to dye cloth blue.
(C) using it
(D) it can be used
Download Complete Material.
Answer Sheet, Click here.
To get the answer keys, click here.