Friday, 25 February 2011
Before reading and doing the exercise below, you should read the explanation of skill 9 (Adjective Clause Connector) and skill 10 (Adjective Clause Connector/Subject).
EXERCISE (Skills 9—10): Each of the following sentences contains more than one clause. Underline the subjects once and the verbs twice. Circle the connectors. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).
1. My sisters prefer to eat food that have cooked themselves.
2. The boat that hit the underwater rock sank.
3. The car which he was driving could not possibly be his.
4. The children built a house in the tree that in the backyard.
5. The cost of the trip which we wanted to take.
6. The children are playing with the toys which their mother told them to put away.
7. The guests who were seated around the dinner table.
8. The students have to read all the chapters which are on the test.
9. I really do not like the artists which you like.
10. The stones that they were set in the ring were quite valuable.
For more exercise of TOEFL EXERCISE (Skill 9-10) and TOEFL REVIEW Exercise (Skill 1-10), please Download here.To Get Answer Keys, CLICK HERE